Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Monkey see, monkey do

Yesterday was Free Tuesday here in sunny San Diego, and the boy and I went to the Natural History Museum. Free Tuesday is this great program where every Tuesday of the month, certain Balboa Park museums are open for free. The Natural History Museum has dinosaurs and a baby elephant and a room with a bucket of puppets, so he's happy there.

Since it was Free Tuesday, it was packed, not as packed as it could be, but still packed with kidlets. I kept smelling poop, and kept checking the back of A's pants to make sure it wasn't him (it wasn't). My current theory on the vast amounts of poop is that I saw a lot of dads with kids, and I think dads can feign more oblivion to poop than moms, in general.

Anyway, at some point after I'd checked his pants for the fortieth time, A came around behind me and tried to check my pants, at which point I decided maybe I was sending the wrong message about what we do in the museum.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What are the chances he was just checking to make sure the smell wasn't coming from you?
At least he didn't check anyone else...
Maybe a public service, poo-sniffing beagle would be useful at events?

Miss Kim said...

Poor beagle!

I think maybe a snarling Doberman trained to strike (kid or parent, you pick) at extended scents of kid poop would be a great addition to free museum day.