Thursday, April 02, 2009

The penny obsession goes too far

"A, why are you holding your tongue like that?"

"I ate a penny."

"What?"

"I ate a penny, Mommy."

Really? Okay.

Mommy calls the doctor.

"He says he ate a penny, but his speech isn't great and his imagination's really kicked in--"

"It'll pass. Give him lots of fluids, but kids can eat pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters with no problem."

"That's it? No X-rays?"

"Nope, it'll pass." (stifled giggle) "The big hazard is choking, and if he's telling you he ate a penny, he's okay."

"Thanks. Is this your laugh of the day?"

"Yeah, well no, we get these calls every day. Every day."

I don't know if he did or not...but we'll be watching now.

2 comments:

Lana Bump said...

Don't worry. I ate a penny and I'm fine now! If this is what passes for fine these days, anyway.

Jack and Lexi's Mom said...

This, too, shall pass!