Wednesday, July 07, 2010

New house

We moved. It was the Worst. Move. Ever. The movers were high, possibly gangsters, and very, very incompetent.

But I love the house. I love that my ILs showed up and painted it in lovely colors; I love that our friends showed up and finished painting and moved furniture around (and set up our internet tubes, bonus).

But I love the house, and I love having the house. I love the big dead backyard with its one huge shade tree over the big patio; I love that Henry the mailman brings mail to our front step. I love the sound of the fountain out front; I love the lizard without a tail in our backyard that I've named Stumpy. I love the light inside. I love the view of the canyon. I love the neighbors who brought me a bouquet of their own home-grown roses.

When we're unpacked and it's not overflowing with boxes, I'll love it more. But for now, I love this house.

1 comment:

Lana Bump said...

Don't forget that we also accomplished the very important Baby Head Smooching and Pre-Nap/Bed Reading! Also the putting stuff away in random places so you'll never find it. We were very busy.

P.S. We love the house too.