Friday, September 10, 2010

"Mommy, I am not ruding you!"

Another month, another entry. Little L just rolled 9 months, thus starting his period of being out longer than he was in. He's quite the little character. He's such an amazingly good-natured baby, but I think he's going to be the mischievous one. He just has that glint in his eye sometimes. No real signs of separation anxiety yet, but he has gotten to the ever-annoying "drop things to see if they fall" stage.

A is back in preschool, same teacher as last year. I've been told that all the boys chase the girls at recess, "except A, because he is sweet." That he is.

At lunch today, we rearranged our chairs on the patio so everyone was out of the sun (ah yes, California, where all meals are eaten on the patio every day in our gorgeous, gorgeous weather). A had his feet up on my chair and I asked him to move them since we sit upright to eat our meals.

Then he started laughing. I looked down and he'd put his feet under my seat.

"I'm sticking my big toes out at you, Mommy!" he said. Indeed, he was. "I am not ruding you, Mommy; I am just silly." Somehow, rude has become a verb in this house.

No comments: