Monday, April 28, 2008

I know, I know.

It's been a busy life. Sorry.

The grandparents came to town and much fun was had by all. We went all over town: the Maritime Museum, Point Loma, Sea World. A got sick and threw up spectacularly over all of us, with Grandma jumping in like the saint she is to catch vomit with her hands. But he's recovered and we're looking forward to seeing the grandparents again in June.

Milestones: Last Monday, A floated on his back on his own for the first time. This is a huge thing. He didn't do it for very long before he kicked his way out of it, but he's at least started to get the concept of buoyancy. He's moving up to the toddler swim class next session, sniff.

This last week, A discovered his shadow. We were at the fountain in Balboa Park near the Fleet, and he was running around the fountain in lovely circles. He stopped at the edge and I didn't know what he was looking at until I saw him swinging his arms and watching his shadow. He's watching his shadow all the time now.

It's been hot here, like July hot. We went to the rose garden in Balboa Park yesterday but it was so hot we took A in.

1 comment:

Jack and Lexi's Mom said...

Ah, Peter Pan discovers his shadow! I love it. I know its sad when they are no longer babies but every stage is more and more fun. I'll have a seven year old next week!