Friday, June 20, 2008

Leaping Lizard

I owe the world an update. The boy's meds are helping the croup. He's cranky.

But today, we had a lizard run under our front door into the house, which mostly freaked me out. I called my husband, whose great advice was "catch it." I called my friend, who listened as I moaned and groaned and bitched and moved furniture and peered under bookshelves with a flashlight.

Anyway, once the lizard had gone the entire length of the bookshelf and ensconced itself on the slate coasters in the corner under the baby books, I quietly played Jenga with everything on top of the lizard, then used a Tupperware lid to convince the lizard to get into a kid's meal bucket from the zoo. Once it entered the bucket, I slammed the lid on top and took it outside to the sidewalk where I freed the lizard.

So I am a rock star, but a quiet one, because the baby is sleeping and it took him a long time to do so.

The cats were completely useless, btw. Even when the lizard sat on top of the bookshelf, they were not interested at all. No prey instinct. Maybe they don't like lizards, too chewy, not enough meat to be of effort.

No comments: