Monday, July 07, 2008

Down for a nap

He's just stopped fighting me and is now napping, which means I can blog.

We had a rock-star Fourth. One of my writing group friends who has a son a month and a week older than A invited us over for a BBQ, and we went and had a good time. Yay! A had a fabulous time playing with all their water toys.

This weekend's excitement was getting our first share of the CSA we joined. C signed us up last week while I was out of town, and wa-la, we have fresh, local, organic produce for the week. Gaze upon and be jealous of our haul. Then go support your own local CSA.
July 6th share

In other news: we started our new swimming lessons today, the advanced toddler class (can't you all just see my motherly pride from here?). There's only three kids in the class and it's taught by who I consider the best instructors there. It's the "next step" class that's supposed to still emphasize water safety while giving them a push towards independence in the water.

And I must say, he had a good time. They put him in a wacky noodle and let him swim around--and he did. He swam around. It was amazing.

No comments: