Monday, November 17, 2008

Chewbacca and R2-D2

House-bound and a little nutty. I don't feel like I can take him out since I can't talk to him to give him directions, so we've been at home all day, which is not our normal mode and makes us both cranky. He's provoked me a couple times to loud grunts not unlike Chewbacca, which he finds a little disturbing; conversely, it's difficult to calm someone down who's howling when you can only hoarsely whisper at a tiny, tiny volume.

And I have done pretty much nothing to help him with his speech today, since it seems odd to prompt for speech when I can't speak. But this doesn't make me feel better about his speech development. I whisper and grunt; he babbles in R2-D2-ese.

In short, today has been like Chewie and R2-D2 doing Waiting for Godot. This sounds great as a two-minute YouTube clip, but bad as an all-day thing.

No comments: