Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday, I'm in love

I am. So there.

The boy just went down for a nap, but he is adorable and sweet. I've been reading the complete Beatrix Potter to him and it's more charming than I remembered and it puts him to sleep.

We had a trip to Disneyland yesterday to celebrate Miss Julie's birthday, and that was fun. A loves the Winnie the Pooh ride and the Buzz Lightyear one. Good grief, that kid can run, especially when he decides he wants to ride, now! I love it when Julie has friends along who are happy to be on babysitting duty for the day, especially those who A takes a serious shine to.

His speech is coming along. He said his name for the first time this week, which is a big thing. Not terribly coherent, but still, having the concept of his name is a big deal.

His speech therapist tells me he's amazingly smart. He plays with his toys in ways that other kids don't think to. He's brilliant. We know. He's singing: the Wheels on the Bus, the Itsy-Bitsy Spider, the alphabet song, Where is Thumbkin, all the classics. It's starting to be berry season here: strawberries and blackberries. A loves blackberries.

He's moving right along. I sat next to him today and I couldn't stop looking at his legs (it's freakishly beautiful here today even by SoCal standards), since he's got little boy legs now and not little fat baby legs. Sigh.

2 comments:

Jack and Lexi's Mom said...

Time for another baby if you get nostaglia over chubby legs! You need a girl. Every woman needs a girl to teach her humility and patience. If you survive raising her she will become your best friend! Plus Adric is so pretty that I long to see him in female form! Did you get my e-mail about Carina and Bree on facebook?

P.S. Of, course he is brilliant. I would expect nothing less!

Miss Kim said...

Originally (meaning, oh, in the general miasma of my life), I thought I might be sad if I never had a girl, but I look at girls and think, wow, there are so many, many more issues to deal with with girls, especially in Southern California where all the women are blond and plastic. The boy is teaching me patience enough. Today was "run through all the lethal implements in the household within three minutes" day: the sharp scissors, the bleach cleaner, the tiny tacks, the stairs, the garrotes. One heart attack after another. I hate toddler growth spurts because it's a whole 'nother world of things to babyproof.

And yes, I got your email. How fab!