Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Two! Two two two!

We have numbers. We have one and we have two. The number two is our favorite number.

We point out all the twos. So, two panda toys, two tiger toys, two hands, two ears (which makes him laugh although I don't know why), two spoons, two books, two, two, two, two.

We went to the zoo yesterday and (finally) got to see the new tiger cubs (who look more like small cats, but that's okay). There are three cubs and a mom that are put on exhibit at the zoo in rotation with another female and a male. So we go to one of the viewing windows, and there are four tigers right on the other side of the glass--how fabulous. And A is excited and pointing and roaring, and I'm watching him try to explain to everyone else that those are tigers and they roar, when he starts saying to me, "Two, two, two."

"No, honey," I say, "four," and I turn back to count for him and I count, "One, two." Because of course the other tigers have disappeared from the window and we can now only see two.

The preschool reported today that A can count to ten, but I cannot confirm this with home testing.

No comments: