Tuesday, March 21, 2006

No dusting.

I have been wheezing all day and I don't know why. I'm going to have a cup of tea to see if that helps.

The worst physical part so far about being pregnant was being sick and unable to take drugs. The extreme fatigue of the first trimester was annoying, but I was well rested, at least. Being snotty, coughing and just unable to sleep was awful. Eventually the midwives okayed me for some low dose OTC decongestant which was the only reason sanity returned to my life and air to my lungs.

I had recovered and even put in two appearances at the scary doctor* to make sure I didn't have bronchitis or pneumonia, but now I'm wheezing again. I'm wondering if the cleaning spree has something to do with it, lots of dust kicked up from everywhere. Cleaning is bad, children.

* The doctor was scary. The intake form was typed, that's right, typed, and if it had smelled better I might have suspected it was a mimeograph. I saw the lines MR:_______________ and MRS:____________________ and thought, Lordy, you, Mr. Doctor, and I will not be friends. I felt like Hothead Paisan. He gave me a nice lecture about how giving birth with a midwife is the scariest thing since bathing in chum and jumping into the Jaws tank, and I practiced my insufferably cheerful demeanor. Jerk.