Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Non-baby related rant

Here's the damn email correspondance of this morning. I'm probably not good for emails right now. I have only edited it to remove the names of the ridiculously stupid and to not give the candidate any press. Stupid freaking people.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bimbo Brains
Subject: You have been invited by Politico........

Please join us.............

People I don't know

Invite you to meet and visit with
Political Candidate in CO
Wednesday, August 30th5:30 - 7:30 PM
At the home of CO Politico
Ft. Collins, CO

Suggested Contribution: $75 For more information or to RSVP please contact Bimbo Brains. If unable to attend, please consider contributing online at link.

Bimbo Brains
Deputy Finance Director, Campaign
Contribute Online link
----- My First Reply-----

Please remove me from your list. I know I've never signed up for your emails.

Legally, you must include an unsubscribe link in all emails. Any future solicitations will be reported to the FCC's unsolicited spam site.

-----Bimbo's Response-----

This is not a mail group. A host wanted to invite you and did not have your mailing address. They asked that I send you an electronic invitation. My computer for some reason sent the email three times. There is nothing to unsubscribe from because this is not a mailing list. I will kindly let the host know that you are uninterested in their invitation.

Sorry to put you out and no harshness was intended.
Bimbo

-----My Final Response Before Adding Bimbo To Junk Senders List-----
Bimbo,
Invitations don't generally involve suggested donations to political candidates and are usually sent by hosts, not by finance directors of political campaigns.

Anyone who I would accept an invitation from:
  • already has my mailing address,
  • is aware that I've just had major surgery,
  • knows I am 1500+ miles from Fort Collins, and
  • knows that I am no longer a registered voter in Colorado.

Sorry to put you out. Maybe you should let the hosts know that your "invitations" look like political solicitations sent to a purchased list of email addresses, since that was apparently nowhere near their intentions.