Thursday, August 24, 2006

To sleep or not to sleep

It's lucky Young Master A is so damned cute. This week, we had a really bad sleep night, followed by a really good sleep night (with five hours of sleep, boy howdy), followed by another bad sleep night (because we went to our birth class for Show-and-Tell and Master A slept through the entire class right before bedtime), followed by a relatively good one last night. We pointedly kept Master A awake (or at least, not deeply sleeping) for the evening so he would sleep and that seems to have worked.

Mister C let me sleep in this morning for as long as A was content without eating, for which I am profoundly grateful. Sleeping by myself alone in a bed seems like the most luxurious thing in the universe right now.

The nursing seems to have let up in frequency, so that's a break for me. We managed a trip to Trader Joe's and Ralph's without me cutting things short for pain or exhaustion, which is a first for our group outings. One of these days we'll take a purely recreational trip. The recovery is slow but it is happening.

I'm so behind on thank you notes and correspondance that I'm honestly horrified. They'll all be coming soon, I swear.