Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving and milestones

We did have Thanksgiving. It was super. There were no mice. We had a grand and glorious dinner, including Terry's mom's famous stuffing made from liver. It was good, more like pate than the stuffings of my youth. Mistah C ended up holding young A throughout the end of dinner, for which I was thankful. As my grandmother always said for grace, may we all be together again next year, especially me.

We went to the vet today* where A saw his first dog, a big beautiful sweet Weimaraner, and his first Christmas tree. He did not want to stop looking at the tree, but he did for the people who would fuss over him. "Are those blue eyes?" Yah, you betcha.

I don't want to get hung up on the developmental minutae of A, largely because this is something I will find pretty easy to obsess about and that way lies madness. But here are our most recent milestones. He's laughing now (and boy, once he laughed, the whole world was a better place. Forget that every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings claptrap; it's baby laughing that births stars). He's rolled back to front and front to back and does full-arm push-ups. He's making lots of baby noises with multivowel and consonant-vowel sounds (but he's always done that). He coos along with me while I sing to him like he's trying to sing. He's got big baby grins that he used to reserve for me and C that he's starting to hand out to other people. He's pretty sweet.

* After the mouse incident, I realized I was a bad kitty guardian and as such needed to take the cats in. So yesterday they were pronounced fine and in need of dental cleanings. Niles got his today and Jake will get his in another week, poor baby. He has to be put under for it and I'm worried about that. Niles was a champ with the non-sedated cleaning today, or so the tech told me.

No comments: