Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Heart Day

I heart Valentine's, this year, anyway. Master A's little Valentine's present to C and me was sleeping through the night, like 8PM to 5AM. Boy howdy it's great to sleep.

C's been working a lot of overtime (all weekend, later evenings than I would like) for the last week and so there's been no time or energy to blog. A has cut teeth officially; one came through on Saturday and the other one came through Monday. This made him the crankiest he's been. I haven't been able to go anywhere errand-like, just places where I'm catering to A's needs (swim class, the zoo, so it's a ridiculous hardship, but still annoying when we have to go buy cat food and he's not cooperating). Saturday I thought I would run away and join the circus. It's been better this week but I'm just mentally exhausted from being solely responsible for A (almost) every waking minute of the day for more than a week now. C had a lot of time with him this morning, which was good.

A loves rice cereal, but I haven't been able to get to a store to buy him a sweet potato yet to try other new food yet. He seems pretty happy this morning so maybe we'll put the store on our list of errands (maybe after passport pictures but before IKEA). Feeding a baby is super messy and sticky. C and I are a little too type A for it. We discussed feeding him with a pastry bag this morning.

We had swim class again Monday. At first, A didn't look like he was having a good time. Then I realized that there are things he specifically likes in swim class (standing on the island and splashing, floating on his back) and things he doesn't (being on his side in the water, submersions). He had to chew on a toy the whole time to be happy. He actually got pretty close to free floating on his back; I was just supporting him behind his head with a few fingers. Our class is wrapping up in a couple weeks but I think we're going to sign up for another series of sessions. The instructor seems to be doing a good job of giving each baby one-on-one time and trying to expand on what each baby's good at/enjoying.

No comments: