Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It's official: we have teeth

There are two tiny pearly teeth just starting to show in the center of Master A's lower gum. Sigh. This does explain how cranky he's been. I know he's supposed to have a cute two-tooth grin, but I really like his toothless big grin. He is continuing to chew on everything and anything he can get his hands on.

What other news? I got his picture taken for six-months which ended up being not great. The photographer made him cry twice, wouldn't show me the shots, and kept ignoring my requests for backgrounds "as plain as possible, please." No, I don't think Autumn Leaves is a good background. No, I don't want him to hug a big faux candy heart that says "HUG ME." I only like my tacky on kitsch mugs, woman, not my baby. She kept getting right up in his face to make him smile and he's just not into having strangers an inch from his nose. He can't stop smiling at everyone who keeps a healthy and respectful distance, so I don't know what her problem was. The photographer told me that she wouldn't be able to review the photos with me since the other guy had to leave and she needed to take more photos, but could I hang around another 15 minutes? Well, see, you made my baby cry and now he's upset, which means I have to walk him around for a while until he gets un-upset. I'll come back with his logical father and we'll buy no pictures. When I leave, the other photo employee peels out in the parking lot, scaring me and the other two moms with strollers. I'm thinking I'll look at the pictures then send a nice letter to corporate about my customer service experience.

We had lunch with C today, which was good, although now that A is high chair able, the state of high chairs in the universe scares me. We got our choice between the high chair with a center post and no straps or the one with straps that were too big and no center post. I've got to research the portable high chair thing (or structured backpack) for Italy.

No comments: