Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

We've had a busy week. We're currently (still) in the flux of drywall installation. I'm partially convinced our drywall guy is on meth, but he may also just be incredibly flaky. He seems to do good work, so maybe it's early in his addiction cycle. (This thought occurred to me while I gave him unsupervised access to our house, so this may just be my insidious paranoia. Nothing was missing, so let's assume he's just flaky.)

So the toilet and sink are in the garage, the bathroom has insulation and copper green, and now all it needs is drywall and paint.

A had swimming last week, which was super although I was late. We left the house early to avoid entanglement with the drywall guy, which meant I realized in OB that I didn't have the swim bag. Oops. Home and back again in record time and we made it into the pool during the welcome song. A's doing great in swim class. After swim class, one of the other mommies and I rode the Giant Dipper, which was super great fun. I haven't been on a roller coaster since, oh, Space Mountain before we had A.

It was Father's Day and that was mellow and low-key. A's been having sleeping troubles so there wasn't much sleeping in for C. But we had a lovely day nevertheless. A's sleeping troubles are currently attributed to:
  • Teething - that sixth tooth is bulging out of his gum
  • Growth spurt - some of his borderline jammies are verging into too tight
  • Learning - he's had a couple, non-duplicable standing incidents
But in the end, it doesn't matter since we're not getting any sleep. So a lot of Father's Day was spent driving in the car so A would sleep.

We have a bonus swim class today that we're making up from Italy. I had a class myself this weekend on queries for articles and short works, so now I have to go get published somewhere. This week is birthday party week: Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.

No comments: