Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Got no title

Got no topic. We're random here today.

It was Free Tuesday in Balboa Park today. A and I went to the free museums. We hadn't been to any of them before. Note to other non-sports people: having the museum be free doesn't make the sports museum more interesting. It is interesting to see the high schoolers who came over to intimidate me out of a table jump and run when they realized I was breastfeeding. That was downright funny.

I called in C for a sci-fi consult on the story. Unfortunately, he confirmed what I originally thought, which was that the story did stink. Instead of having his interest piqued by some of the sci-fi geek word details, which is what I was hoping I could praise the story for, C said the words were used incorrectly. Oy. I talked to Miss Julie about my critique conundrum, and she refocused my efforts, which was good. I sent him a critique this afternoon that only scraped the surface of what was wrong with the story but also included disclaimers stating that I am not a sci-fi person. It was a good compromise for me between being helpful and being honest.

I have surveyed ScriptFrenzy and realized I'm not going to make it. I'm at 6,000 words and I need to come up with another 14,000 by Saturday. It's not going to happen. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.

No comments: