Sunday, May 18, 2008

Things that amaze my husband about the boy

  • A likes to take his cars and crawl around the floor making "vroom-vroom" noises.
  • He expects a parent to accompany him on these treks.
  • A allocates the cars. If he hands you the green VW van, then you drive that one, not the purple hot rod he has chosen for himself. If you switch cars on him, he will straighten you out.
  • A repeats new words randomly, like "mermaid."
  • A loves piggyback rides.
  • A likes to roll a ball inside a pan.
  • If A gives you a hug, he'll make you look at him so he can give you a kiss too.
In short, A is offering an invitation to play. It's super cute.

Things that amaze me: A turned down a chance to lick the spoon while I was making strawberry jam. I knew we only tried to feed him healthy stuff, but jeez, the kid doesn't even want to lick a spoon while we're making something sweet. Of course, I was able to find a taker for the jam spoon.

2 comments:

Jack and Lexi's Mom said...

Every stage gets more and more fun. Just wait until he is telling you stories about his day! Jack and I are reading novels together. As soon as we finish "The Penderwicks" we will start the first Harry Potter.

Lana Bump said...

Strawberry jam? Oh yay! I want to lick the spoon!