Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Boy am I glad we don't have TV

I'm sure we'd just be glued to it watching people's houses burn down. The internet is bad enough.

So far, we're not in immediate fire danger. There are a lot of houses and highways between us and the fires. It's getting smokier all the time. Monday we went to the zoo and I was coughing and wheezing for the rest of the day. Yesterday we had swim class, hit the Trader Joe's, then came home and stayed in. It smells pretty strongly of smoke even inside now. I hit my inhaler last night before I went to bed. A seems mostly unaffected. He's not getting as much outside time as he normally gets, so we're getting a little cabin-punchy here. Let's hope for rain and less wind.

C's been off work this week; we'll see if he makes it in today. His workplace is closer to the evacuated areas than I would like.

No comments: