Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Weekends and sickness and walking

The Misses D, E, and M were in town this weekend and we had a lovely time with them, even though my car broke down again (radiator reservoir cracked at the bottom). At least my car waited until D and crew were ready to meet us. Play date with L was moved to Saturday and K brought a Greek feast for lunch, which was nice. We had Saffron and Bronx Pizza and the Mission and all those local type places people who move to Portland can't get there. So that was fine and lovely. I can't believe how well M walks. It's amazing. She glides. She might be the most graceful toddler I've ever seen.

Exactly at the time they left (about 5AM Monday), I got sick, violently, gastrointestinally sick. During breakfast, A got violently sick too (all over C, since I was already in the bathroom being sick myself). A and I were both so incredibly nastily sick that I'm sparing you the details because the details might make me sick again. I was so sick that lying on the floor next to the bathroom was as much as I could do. I ended up putting down old blankets and towels to lessen the mess from A. C went to work but then got called back home when I realized I couldn't be sick, have A sick, watch A and clean up all our sick messes at the same time, especially when one of us doesn't walk and can't make it to the bathroom. C came home and I went to bed. Neither of us could keep anything down for about seven hours. C seemed to have dodged a bullet yet again. A and I are slowly making our way back to the world of solid food.

Unfortunately, Monday morning my monitor didn't work, and that was the last of the monitors in this house, so no email for me. I wasn't seriously up for it until yesterday. I used C's computer which doesn't let me blog, for some strange reason. C got a loaner from work for the short-term, so that's why I can blog now.

Anyway, yesterday morning, A is burbling happily with me and C in our bed, then crawled down off the bed and started walking off towards the office. C and I started clapping about four or five steps into this display and A promptly fell down. But he's walking across three-foot gaps now like nobody's business. He's such a weird kid sometimes. He's not really w0bbling or anything. He's just walking. It's like he's been practicing when we're not paying attention.

No comments: