Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Conversations with the Three-Year-Old

"Mommy, you have a big belly."
"Excuse me? I have a what?"
"You have a big belly."
"Now?"
"No."
"I had a big belly when I was pregnant with L, when L was in my belly?"
"Yes. You had a BIG belly. Your belly was bigger than Daddy's belly. But now we have L and Daddy has the big belly."

Thanks, sweetheart.

Earlier today, I made A the deal that if L took a nap upstairs in his bassinet (instead of in my arms), A and I could have cookies and tea (and milk) together. I just brought L up now and laid him down. He was fussy but got suddenly quiet. A explained to me, "I put the monkey upright," which indeed, A had stood the monkey toy in the corner right on L's eye line.

L's now asleep, and A's grabbed me in a whisper: "Mommy, we have to go downstairs and eat chocolate stars NOW because L is sleeping." You betcha, kiddo.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sigh.

Unknown said...

Boy do I miss you guys. That's so sweet!