Sunday, September 23, 2007

First Day of Autumn

Sunny SD was supposed to get a major storm, with thunder and lightening and everything, and we got maybe an hour's worth of rain on Saturday.

I'm writing this from my old screen that was SO BIG ten years ago when C and I got hitched and now looks so tiny and quaint. A threw a book at my beautiful flatscreen last Friday and that was the end of it. You can actually see the impact site (and not much else). No workee. Sigh.

Friday I wanted to join the circus. Friday night A didn't sleep and both C and I wanted to join the circus Saturday morning. Last night was better so we're all still here and A is not banned to a cat carrier, which has been the follow-up threat.

But we're still keeping him.

We went to Sea World Saturday and looked at the penguins and puffins, which were fascinating to A. A played in one of the sand play areas with a shovel and bucket. A pair of Sea World employees came through the play area, walking an arctic fox on a leash. This was super cool until the fox started pissing in the sand box. Really. I'm trying to be as dirt-friendly as I can be with A, but after that I felt like jumping on A every time he went to eat the sand. The employees did nothing but look slightly abashed.

At least he'll have immunity to arctic fox things or be a candidate for a very special episode of House where the little baby gets an arctic-fox-transmitted parasite from a play area.

It was some whoop de doo music weekend at Sea World. A loves music. He starts bopping his head and clapping. We ran into a R&B band on our way out and listened to them for a while since A enjoyed it so much. His new favorite word is, "Look!" which is usually "Look look look." This is accompanied by a lot of pointing.

How's the walking? He's doing two or three steps on his own now, not a ton. His confidence is still not there. He's trying to walk in hard places, like sand and on the bed.

Today A and C went on the carousel while I was at my plumeria society meeting. I won three more cuttings in the raffle. I should go buy a lotto ticket.

No comments: