Thursday, October 08, 2009

Competent Thursday

This week, C's been burning the midnight oil at work, which means he drops A off at preschool and then he's home late. Really late.

Usually this sends me into fits, but I've been surprised by how well A and I are coping. A's had a head cold since Monday (Sunday, really). We've been giving him the more rigorous slate of meds for his asthma, since we don't want him back in the hospital, thank you very much. But he perked up yesterday and has been perky but runny-nosed ever since. We just happened to have a three-month checkup with his asthma doctor yesterday, and A sounds clear and is on the right course of treatment. He'll be on daily meds through the winter and spring, but that's okay since he can breathe.

In my spare time, I've managed to: finish the piecing and pin a beach blanket for quilting, make two batches of frozen mac and cheese for post-baby consumption, (mostly) finish A's Christmas shopping, read a couple baby-related books (Birthing From Within) and non-baby related (After Etan, which kept me up last night), knock off a lot of The Office and 30 Rock.

Sunday we went to Disneyland (ah yes, Disneyland). We're trying to max out the value of our pass before it expires in early November, which should be just about the time I get too large to want to sit in the car that long or walk around all day.

A wanted to send a letter to Grandma, so we bought a postcard of Pooh from the Pooh store. Then we saw Pooh out meeting people, so we had to say hi to Pooh. I had my big fat pen-pencil-stylus writing implement, so I offered the pen and the postcard to Pooh to sign for Grandma. I wasn't sure he could do it--ballpoint on a postcard front, plus big fuzzy costume with reduced vision--but lo and behold, Pooh not only managed to sign his name but also drew a honey bee.

Today I have a writing organization meeting that if our sweet neighbor is already on vacation, A will have to sit through. Let's see how happy I am after that.

No comments: