Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween at school

A got to wear his Halloween costume to school today, a lion costume. He's been practicing his roars and he's quite cute.

When I picked him up, he was wearing a different costume, a bright yellow bodysuit.

"Did he have an accident?" I asked.

"Oh no," his teacher said, "the lion was just too hot and we had some costumes donated, so we changed him. I hope that's okay." She hands me his lion costume and a plastic elastic-banded mask and ah, it's Pikachu.

I know A has no earthly idea who Pikachu is, but A got a glow stick at school and is happy, so whatever. We walk off together to the car.

A says, "Mommy, I'm Pikachu!"

"Yes, you are," I say.

"Mommy," A says, "what's Pikachu?"

"I don't know," I tell A, "but you're pretty cute."

We walk a little longer, and then he starts fake-sneezing: "Ah-choo! Ah-choo! Pikachu!"

"Bless you! Bless you! Does Pikachu have a cold?"

"No, Pikachu makes sneezes, Mommy," he says. Of course he does, sweetie.

No comments: