Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More sick! Still sick!

I am just going to be sick forever, it seems.

Headed to my PCP today, and can I just say: they have their act together in that office. I check in, I pay, I go to the waiting room, they call me, I get my vitals checked, and my doctor sees me. It's amazing how fast it is.

Good (?) news: the laryngitis is a virus that's going around and I just have to live through it. No strep.

Bad news: My doctor's really unhappy that I haven't been off my inhaler since I saw her way back when. She's more worried about my lungs and gave me a nebulizer treatment when I was there.

But this led to a frenzy of: don't get the swine flu; don't get the swine flu; if you think you have the swine flu, see me immediately and don't be surprised if I want to admit you to the hospital. If you know you've been exposed, get in here immediately.

Warning signs of swine flu, according to my doctor: Fever. Body aches. Every joint in my body will hurt. I will feel like I've been hit by a truck. The good news is that the incubation period for swine flu is apparently very short, so I don't have to worry about being contagious and asymptomatic.

We wrapped up the conversation with, "If you get a fever, call me and come in. I really don't want you to get sick."

Yeah. Me either.

2 comments:

Lana Bump said...

Argh! They're so concerned but the one thing that might help--the vaccine--they can't give you. Where the hell are all those vaccines anyway?

Miss Kim said...

Well, right now, in transit. My doctor said there was a rumor they'd be getting their supplies Friday, so I'll call tomorrow.