Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dentist visit

A did great; he's got wonderfully clean and pristine teeth with only a few pits on his molars and a beautifully aligned bite. They let him run the Mr. Thirsty water-sucker-thing and the air/water gun, and he thought that was wonderful.

Our dentist's office (still) adores him. And they scheduled me for a cleaning tomorrow and assured me that I'm having a girl. But A assured them that he's getting a brother. So there we are.

On a completely random note: Is it weird to anyone else that many, many interpretations of the religious beliefs of the Founding Fathers seem to be purported by sects of Christianity that did not actually exist at the time of the Revolutionary War? And that the Founding Fathers are all claimed as forefathers to these churches that did not actually come into existence until at least a decade or so after the Constitution was written? Or am I just a bizarro preggo former history major with too much historiography in her head?

2 comments:

Lana Bump said...

1) Yeah, it's weird, and wrong and it gets my back up too. But then history is always being rewritten, I guess.

2) What are you reading these days?

Miss Kim said...

1) Yeah, yeah.

2) What am I reading? Currently, I've been re-reading The Name of the Rose by Eco. I got a whole bunch of books out of the library that I wasn't overly into: Spiced, The Soul Thief, The God Delusion, Buzzwords. I still have The Soul Thief and am going to give it another shot.