Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Life with a baby isn't conducive to blogging

But I know people are ravenous for updates.

My car was recovered and spent all of last week at the mechanic's. Nothing horribly bad happened to it although someone did smoke in it (sigh) and some things were missing, like the paperwork, a notepad and a jar of peanut butter. A and I had our first trip in the car together today; we took it to the Fashion Valley Mall to get the car detailed so I would feel better about putting my darling boy in it. The car wash people were super and the car is as gorgeous as an eighteen-year-old car can be. I'll have to take a picture. A did splendidly in the car with me; slept the whole time.

I was going to try and make it to infant massage class after the detailing, but the detailing took longer than anticipated and I missed it. This also meant I carried Mistah A around the mall in his Peanut Shell for about two hours total, which was long for me and my back's sore now. I ended up treating myself to an American Coca-Cola for my efforts, when I was pretty much off all carbonated beverages except root beer. Anyway, I will try to get my darling boy to infant massage next week.

What else? My ILs came for a too short visit, but they were just ever so helpful in all the drama around recovering the car (one place for paperwork, another to actually get the car). Not to mention the fact that they helped C in cleaning the garage so that we can park both cars in it and not worry quite so much about the car disappearing again. And my MIL cleraned my kitchen which I haven't spent much time in since A was born. I have been horrified when I've been in it so that was wonderful.

Master A had an incredibly cranky day yesterday where he was either sleeping lightly or crying. I didn't eat anything weird so I don't know what it was. He's been making up for it today by sleeping incredibly soundly and smiling at me when he is awake. It's like he saved up all his smiles for today.

I don't think I'm doing horribly at home alone. I've had a couple days where C comes home and I basically drop the baby on him and disappear for email, a shower, or reading an article in the New Yorker straight through, but I think I'm getting more adapted to A's quirks. The house is still a mess and I've not mastered multitasking yet, but we're alive and fed and that's what's important.