Monday, September 04, 2006

Yay and boo

After my whining about our house's lack of sales, I must disclose that a contract is in the works and ask everyone to keep fingers, hands, feet, and any other appendages you can manage crossed. If you sent good vibes our way, thanks and keep it going.

So that's the yay. Our lovely friends D&L came to town to gaze upon the baby, which was wonderful and also a yay. They filled up our freezer with food for later and cooked us a good, hearty nutritious lunch today to boot. Since food seems to be beyond our creative capacities a lot of the time recently and will only go downhill once Mistah C returns to work, this is a huge thing for us.

Boo, they left today. Too short a visit, even though I felt like I am not the most entertaining, charming or gracious (hi Liz!) host right now. I feel like I might have two neurons left to rub together and maybe manage not to drool on myself. I'm hoping they had clean towels - I realized today or yesterday that I hadn't put out guest towels in the downstairs bath.

Now we're going to try and sleep before 11PM.