Thursday, September 14, 2006

No one is stirring...

Except little ol' me. The ILs are a-coming today and I've got my six week checkup just as their plane lands, so I'm already showered and eagerly anticipating the go-ahead for exercise.

Not much other news. We had lunch with a friend from birth class and her beautiful baby girl yesterday at a lovely place in Pacific Beach with seating in a garden area. I'm going to have to get Miz J to go (and possibly Miz J's mom if the garden's still looking nice in November) because it is just the sort of place she would like, I think.

It's the last week of paternity leave for Mistah C, so I'm just loving it up. I don't know what I will do next week. It'll be one day at a time, I guess.

No news on my car. The insurance agent said if cars are recovered, they are usually recovered within a week. I'm trying to imagine about my car's second life as a sturdy family vehicle for some down-and-out people who can use it to better themselves and their situation. It's easier to have Horatio Alger fantasies than it is to think about it being callously carved up for parts.