Monday, January 29, 2007

Quick like a bunny updates

We had swimming today and it was great even though we were late. Poop blow-out coupled with the fact that I didn't discover until I was trying to pack up the car to go that Mistah C had my diaper bag, sling, and stroller in his car. At work. Oy. That meant I had to turn down an invitation for lunch with the other swimming mommies, which makes me a little sad but I am so tired today that it's not a bad thing to come home, feed the baby, and relax.

Yesterday we celebrated the darling Miss Julie's b-day by going to Sea World. It was fabulous and surprisingly wonderful. I got to try out my new wrap on a serious walk-around day and my back isn't killing me even a little, which is good news on the wrap front. Also, Sea World is chock-full of diaper changing and nursing stations throughout the park which makes it baby-friendly, even though I just nursed A through the "Pets Rule!" show. (I have great respect for anyone who can train a cat to do anything, let alone on cue in front of an audience.) But now I'm tired. Sea World is a lot of fun! I don't think I've been to one since I was four or so and could ride in the dolphin strollers. We need to do more fun things on the weekends instead of just, you know, go to Target for diapers and Trader Joe's to do the grocery shopping.

We also got to see our local Navy pilot this weekend, so that was good. He lives in town and we just get into our Target-Trader Joe's rut and don't think to call him, so I'm glad he called us. We ate in a restaurant and young Master A was as good as always; the waitress told us we were getting compliments on our good baby.

New item received today: Inflatable portable baby crib. We're going to test it out for Italy.

No comments: