Thursday, January 18, 2007

RIP, number 8

After a week with no sightings, another mouse met his match in our garage. As soon as it's available, I'll be planting peppermint around our garage to hopefully ward off his friends. But there wasn't any at the Home Depot. No, I have not gone to the nurseries to find some. I'm not even sure where there are nurseries. Nurseries are places that will make me want a house so I can grow all the terribly delicate hothouse plants that I could never grow in Colorado, like angel's trumpet*, plumeria, and French Lace roses. I'll find some eventually because I'd like to have more pots in containers (although I'm doing a pretty crappy job of keeping the ones I have alive).

A seems over his cold now, which is good. We had had a couple nights of really delicious sleep, but last night was awful and I am tired today. A's had one nap so far this morning and more are coming. I'm going to see if we can get a trip to the zoo in this week.

* It's fascinating what you learn when looking for a link. I found a couple warnings not to plant it saying, "My friend made tea out of this and died." Since I'm not Julie, I can honestly say I've never had the compulsion to eat something I grew that wasn't an herb or a veggie (or that I ran across outside somewhere). I would never make any of my ornamentals into tea, for example, even the lavender and roses. Anyway, angel's trumpet is apparently hallucinogenic and some dumb-asses who thought that would be fun have died ingesting angel's trumpet. So when I get some, don't be smoking it, you wild and crazy types.

No comments: