Friday, January 26, 2007

Six month checkup

I know, I can hardly believe it myself.

He's in super shape, in the 75-85th percentile ranges for height (27 inches) and weight (19 and a half) . He's pre-crawling, so that doctor says, and should be crawling soon. No teeth immediately on the horizon but they could appear any time now, just like at our four month visit.

He got four shots that I was too sad to hold him down for and made C do it so I could hold A afterwards. He recovered quickly but he was bright red and crying.

We're supposed to start solids now, but neither C or me is very excited about the prospect of stinky poop, being spoiled by the relatively non-stinky breastfed poops (C maintains that it smells like turkey and I think it smells like buttermilk). But A stares at me with laser-beam intensity every time I eat, so we'll probably be out and about today getting baby food.

First up: rice cereal mixed with breast milk. I'm going to have to pump.

No comments: