Sunday, January 07, 2007

There are weekends that are super and there are weekends that seem to take a death spiral. This one seems to be the death spiral variety. But I have good reasons!
  • My car's cruise control didn't work after the mechanic replaced the turn signal/hazard lights button assembly, and it's still not working. So that has to go back Tuesday for a replacement piece. The mechanic tried to tell me that it was just an old car, and I said, "Well, it was an old car with a cruise control that worked before you replaced the turn signal assembly, so..."
  • We went to the Baby Hellhole twice to look at high chairs, eating equipment, Earth's Best baby food, and convertible car seats. We ended up getting a high chair eventually. Target didn't carry the high chair we wanted, fine. I don't think we're looking forward to A having solid food. Actually, we're not looking forward to stinky poop. He's not starting solids until he's at least six months due to allergies, but we thought he would enjoy sitting in a high chair at mealtime with us.
  • Yesterday I got myself two treats at Bread and Cie, but discovered the woman had given me not an almond croissant but a bear claw. The bear claws have coconut, which I'm not fond of. The something else I got was okay but not fabulous.
  • I've got a new book on making your own baby food which is scaring me more than anything else. The woman has gory examples for everything bad you could consider happening to a baby, from eating drain cleaner to scalding a kid with hot beverages. It's not the uplifting read I expected it to be. I finished it and am trying to decide if I want to use her recipes as my main source or if I want another book instead.
  • This morning we had to be up and at 'em by 8AM for the cable guy who is going to re-wire our dish to make the HOA happy. I'd been up since 5:30, unable to sleep after A's last feeding. Cable guy looked at what we wanted him to do and said he'd have to get his supervisor out to look at it. That can't happen until tomorrow morning, of course.
  • Mistah C then went to Bread and Cie again after the cable guy was here this morning to get me an almond croissant, then had to return once he was there and realized he didn't have his wallet. So that was a long time on the weekend with just me and A alone. It was an awfully good croissant, though.
  • Mistah C spent dinner prep time on the phone, which put me into dinner-prep mode. The kitchen was covered in dirty dishes (it doesn't take much with our kitchen) but all of that needed to be cleaned up before I started prepping raw chicken so everything wasn't covered in chicken bits. So dinner was pushed out until late (even for us).
  • Then I discovered mouse droppings all over the pantry shelves and that was it for my patience for this weekend. We are going to get the landlord to call in an exterminator now, although that should be fun with cats and baby and me around.
C's cleaning up the mouse droppings. A is sleeping. I am reading Under the Tuscan Sun until I feel better. Oh, and this week, we may be setting up swim lessons for A.

No comments: