Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The fever is down

So we'll hopefully get to avoid the doctor this week. A's currently trying to make clicking noises with his tongue because I can. He's also found a set of calligraphy markers that I'm letting him play with in a fit of parental insanity. He can't take the tops off of them and I'm not sure he knows the tops come off of them. He'll figure it out as soon as I look away.

I took him to the zoo this morning to take a nap. He fell asleep (of course!) on the way to the car. I managed to get him into the car seat without waking. I picked up some In-n-Out, ate in a parking garage and read books. When A woke up, the engine wouldn't turn over. Call C, say, "Hey, is this a dead battery thing?" (I get all stupid-girl about the car. I try not to, but I'm honestly only hoping it goes most of the time.) Yeah, probably battery, C says. (I do not mention that C owes me jumper cables.) I call AAA, ask for a jump, a new battery salesman, and possibly a tow truck. They're as friendly as can be.

Then I put the key in the car, and it comes on just fine. Call them back--not realizing in my brilliance I have programmed the number into the phone--and cancel. Come home, feed boy. Now he's working on climbing on top of my desk. Boy, he's scary.

No comments: