Friday, August 10, 2007

Swimming blahs

Today's make-up swim class wasn't great. We had a sub since our regular teacher is on vacation (thank God, because I thought she'd never get one) and the sub didn't really know how class went and winged it. So A was a little confused but game. He did okay except for when she moved him around without really watching where he was and he ended up a little submerged and drank some water. That wasn't cool. She normally teaches the three- and four-year-olds so I'm guessing she just had issues adjusting to the babies. (One of the things she wanted them to do was shout, "Hooray!" They don't shout on cue yet, lady.)

But A grinned and grinned when he saw the pool so that's good.

A has had some nasty diaper rash going that's made him now wiggle and squirm like, oh, an electrocuted puppy every time I try to change him. On the last change, I apparently twisted something in my back by my left clavicle and now it's difficult to turn. Hmmm. Parenting is a full-contact sport.

3 comments:

Jack and Lexi's Mom said...

Flander's Butt cream is the best! Also, you can make some very soothing cream with an antacid (liqid) and aquaphor ointment. Use equal parts. It eases any burning sensation.

Miss Kim said...

I haven't seen Flander's--is it like Boudreaux's butt paste? We may be getting aquaphor just to calm down the eczema, so maybe I'll try the homemade stuff. Thanks!

Jack and Lexi's Mom said...

Flander's is like Boudreaux. I think they are interchangable. The home made stuff works great!