Monday, August 13, 2007

Fevers and doctors and pedialyte, oh my

Our boy was running a fever today. This is notable because I've got the mommy touch now, you know, the put a hand on the forehead and say, "You're hot." I thought he was hot at swimming, then later thought he was hot as I was considering an outing. So I took his temperature and sure enough, he was running a low grade fever (100-101°F).

He's had some intestinal issues over the last week and he's got a cut on his finger (which I think is him biting himself), so I called the doctor's office. They think it's a virus. Tylenol for the fever, Pedialyte for the intestinal issues; they'll see him if he runs a fever for three days.

The mommy touch comes from touching a baby all the time. You get acclimated to what they should feel like. My guy's hot like his dad, but fever feels different.

His ezcema seems to be doing somewhat better, although he's still getting slathered with lotion for some rough patches. Swimming today didn't seem to make it worse.

No comments: