Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Break Time

I have been the Queen Bitch of the Universe today, largely because I've got too much freaking work to do and unlike many women in the universe today, I say no. No, no time for you today; we can discuss tomorrow. No, sorry. No. My boss called this morning to discuss my attitude problem. No, I don't care that people might find it brusque when I say no. I guess I should be saying "No thank you" to be polite.

I am waiting on other people's stuff, so now I have time to blog (and pet the small black cat who just now got out of bed--the life of a cat). I have requested 12 weeks maternity leave and the nice birth center is faxing in my "yes she's pregnant" form to HR today.

Hopefully the workplace will start to realize that I'm not just going on a holiday jaunt to Mommyville and will be back a week or two after birth. The intelligent thing to do would be to hire someone (or three) to take up the 563 project hours I still have left to go in June, but I'm sure that'll be considered crazy talk.

The super news of the day is that our favorite Navy pilot will be heading to sunny San Diego for helicopter training, yay! We're excited.