Monday, May 08, 2006

Return of the Nap Monster

Yesterday we didn't want to do more baby shopping (although we did end up at the baby superstore yet again but didn't buy anything, so it's a wash), so the quest of the day was to find good Chinese food. We ended up with dim sum at the Emerald. It's not the Chinese food I was looking for, but I like dim sum.

I have no idea what half of what we ate was, but it was good (except for the tea--that was oversteeped and bitter! I have no tolerance for bitter tea). Most of the waitstaff didn't speak much English and we didn't get a menu until the people at the next table left halfway through lunch, so it was all a crapshoot for selections. I know we had the lotus root paste rice cake things, little sesame seed-covered buns with red bean paste, pork gyoza and BBQ pork rolls, but past that it's a wash. There was a lot of things with shrimp and scallops in various wrappings (steamed in gloppy rice wrappers covered in soy sauce, deep-fried, steamed in globs upon shittake mushrooms).

Too full to go sit somewhere, we ended up at the baby superstore to ponder sleeping options for the kid and the merits of a Graco Pack-n-Play (and inadvertently consider the merits of a glider-rocker, which has a lot of merits when you've been walking through the baby superstore and you're tired).

We came home empty-handed although I think we decided that we will need a Pack-n-Play. I was tired (I had been tired all day) and just wanted to lay down for a bit to rest. I slept for three hours. I know we just rolled into the third trimester, but my response on waking up was oh no, not again. Not more naps again.

Most recently upset by the pregnancy: Jake the lap kitty who wants to know where my lap went. As I type this, he is astride my knees and the keyboard tray looking for the rest of my lap. It doesn't look comfortable. Poor sweet kitty.