Sunday, May 14, 2006

We regrouped!

This has been a long day, but we decided on a Pack N Play. It is the Parker (lovely gender neutral blue and yellow) and you can all ogle it here, you looky-loos. We have not bought it but just making a decision is a huge step forward. It took us four years to buy a couch; we would have waffled longer on color but we probably need to pick this before the child enters kindergarten. We'll probably savor the decision making for a while before purchasing.

The other happiness in my day is that Mistah C re-assembled our bed today so that I no longer have to pole-vault into the bed at night. The top of the bed was about hip height for me (I am short, but jeez, I was going to get a stepladder or something soon). Although I know preggos have a tendency to get sore lower backs, I thought maybe hoisting myself into bed every night (and every bio break during the night) was part of the problem. We'll see if having the bed at a lower altitude helps.

Kid news: the kid is big enough that it is pressing against my rib cage from time to time now. I described it to the Boy like having something stuck between your teeth, except stuck in your rib cage. Quite odd. The kid is spending an awful lot of time on my right side, so we're making it watch The Daily Show and read The New Yorker until it gets more left-leaning. No, just kidding. Republicans have a lot of money and generally only want to buy white babies, so we'll make a mint on a little right winger. Oh wait, just kidding again.