Friday, May 19, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

It's the (old my gosh) ten year anniversary of my graduating from college today. La ti da. No, I am not heading to Reunion this year, maybe in another 15 years or so. I'm all about the future, baby (as opposed to being about the future baby).

We'll do a little Friday after noon mailbag Q & A:

Q. How are you doing/feeling?
A. Fine.

Q. How are you really doing/feeling?
A. Fine. I'm not trying to be difficult, evasive or overly polite, but I'm really fine. I haven't had horrible aches and pains; I've been sleeping well for the most part. I have some heartburn after I eat tomato sauce so I'm only having tomato sauce with a Tums chaser. I get tired more easily. But I'm not huge enough to be horribly uncomfortable yet.

Q. Can you feel the baby's head or butt yet?
A. I'm not savvy enough to differentiate anything but the kid's back/torso yet. This next week we'll be trying to determine the kid's position, so if I get any insight, I'll share.

Q. How did your GTT go?
A. No idea. Haven't heard, but it took a long time for the AFP to come back. I'm assuming it's a "no news is good news" kind of thing. I still have the last bits of a nasty-ass bruise they gave me from taking the blood - but that usually happens on my left arm.

Q. Are you having any cravings?
A. No, which surprises me because I usually in normal life have a craving from time to time. I'm thinking the craving thing is a scam by less assertive pregnant women. I am a lot of things, but unassertive is not one of them.

Q. How much weight have you gained?
A. None of your business, that's how much. My CNM says the kid looks good and healthy.

Q. Are you going to find out what gender it is?
A. Well, yes. At birth.

Q. Do you have names yet?
A. Yes, my name is Kim, and my husband came with his own, which meant I didn't have to share mine or register for one during our wedding. Oh, you meant the kid. We are waiting to see what the kid looks like when it's born.

Q. How is the nursery going? What colors are you doing?
A. We live in a rental, so there is no painting. We're currently in "by the seat of our pants" method of parenting where we figure out what to do with the kid once it gets here. Right now all the colors we're picking are bright gender-neutral ones.