Thursday, April 13, 2006

Everything's A-OK

This is pretty dull, but our prenatal visit this morning went well. They had the extended dance mix urine test strips in the bathroom this morning, so I found out I have normal urine across some 18 categories instead of the normal two glucose and protein tests (and the pH of my urine was 7). I've gained a couple pounds in the last month and my fundal height is dead-on exact for 25 weeks. The midwife says (again) not to worry about not gaining 18-25 pounds since I'm not vomiting or unable to eat.

They gave me a bottle of glucola to take for my glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes four weeks from now. It's orange-colored and I don't have to drink the whole 100 mL bottle, just half. If that test spikes, I have to have another test. I will be taking a protein-heavy snack to eat right after they take my blood.

After the next visit, I'll be on the two-week appointment schedule instead of four weeks, wow! That's come up faster than I thought it would.