Monday, April 17, 2006

Maternity Clothes

We had a huge meal for Easter, most of which I did nothing to cook and nothing to clean up from afterwards. I must say, if you can get your friends to show up with delicious food in tow, it's a coup. We had ham and pierogies and Parker House rolls, which were notable in that they were the correct size and not the tiny 1-inch kind we had at Thanksgiving.

Saturday we went to the outlets in Carlsbad in search of yoga pants. We ended up in a maternity clothing outlet that I don't want to give any press to, largely because I suspect they're going to put me on a mailing list even when I specifically stated that I did not want to be on any mailing lists (I gave them an incorrect name to see). Also, their return policy (store credit only, no exchanges on sales items) sucks but I was so desperate for pants that fit that I didn't care.

I did find two pairs of yoga pants, one slightly too long and one just right (probably meant to be crops or capris on a normal person), so we'll see if they survive the washing machine. I also got a wrap-style tank top to wear to class, so hopefully I won't feel quite so much like an ogre next yoga class.

Cute petite maternity clothes are hard to find. I am not a pastel person. I am not a flowery-lacey person. I love dresses, but not ones that look like an English sofa threw up on me. I think I'm going to have to scout more consignment stores around here for cute, sexy tops. Otherwise, it'll be me in my Old Navy tees from here until B-day.