Monday, April 24, 2006

Wheezy like the Jeffersons Again

Today I worked while my husband and his ILs went out to tour the world. It's almost 6 now and they're not back yet, so I'm starting to wonder where they are. (They have since arrived. They spent the whole day at the Midway, apparently.)

I worked today and went to the eye doctor. The eye doctor was much better than the regular doctor. The eye doctor treated me like an intelligent person, talked charmingly about her four children, and is allowing me to bring a friend back to their office to check out new frames for my glasses. (If anyone has suggestions for frame size/shape/color, I'd love to hear them. I hate picking out frames.)

I got chastized by Miss Julie for wheezing, which I really hadn't noticed but it is true that I am wheezing. Part of it is that I pace around the house like a madwoman on the phone, part of it might be allergies, and part of it might be pregnancy. I'm going to call the midwives tomorrow if I'm still wheezing to see if there's such a thing as pregnancy-induced asthma.

For most of the walking we've done this weekend, the kid kicks and thrashes with a vengeance once the walking stops. Today has been a settling-down day for the kid where three minutes of sitting does not equal an immediate thrashing. I realized this weekend that I can tell the difference between a turning or somersaulting and kicking/punching. Weird.

Other than that, not much news. I am tired.