Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Moving, Part Deux

The Boy and I left our cozy little place at dawn this morning to pick up a Penske truck to drive to Chula Vista and pick up all the stuff from our storage container. (I must be more pregnant looking because a woman in the office made a point of telling me where their bathroom was. No, I did not ask or do the pee-pee dance to prompt the advice.) Everything went smoothly; the contents were undamaged in transit and our notoriously irksome neighbor did not show his loathsome mug for the 15 minutes the truck was parked in our outrageously difficult driveway. (His car was parked on the street in the cul-de-sac anyway, we knew.)

We dropped off the truck and the nice manager of the local Penske not only added my AAA discount after we'd signed the contract, but he gave us half off the daily rate since we'd only had the truck out for a couple hours. It was the fastest move ever, and the people at Penske are super, so if you need a truck rental, go with them.

We dragged the box spring upstairs and put it on our IKEA bedframe, at which point we laughed and laughed because the bed is now ridiculously high. Then I drove like a maniac to my orthodontist, who told me I'm two visits away from being braces-free, glory be. Now I'm home and all I have to do is work and clean and figure out when to go shopping before we go to birth class tonight (#4, the Coach's role) so that we can get to sleep at a decent hour before my in-laws show up tomorrow morning.