Monday, June 05, 2006

Everything's fine, situation normal.

I'm trying to think if there's baby news, but I don't think there is anything grand to about the state of the babe. I have a checkup this Wednesday so there should be more news later this week.

The kidlet is quite a little mover; finally Mistah C has been able to feel some of the major seismic shifts in my innards and it's quite the sensation. Movement is now visible; the kid had hiccups Saturday afternoon and we could see the reverberations. Everyone needs a little John Hurt moment now and again.

I'm pregnant enough that when we went to the cool, hip sushi place for dinner, I had young, hip, cool people stepping out of the way for me like pregnancy was contagious and they didn't want to catch it. I felt like a walking blimp advertising "do you have condoms?" in the meat market. If I'd been dressed as a nun, I would have had the same looks. (Before anyone asks: no, I didn't have sushi; I had gyoza, miso, and truly excellent shrimp tempura. Yum.)