Friday, June 09, 2006

The kid's getting bigger

The kid spent hours yesterday pressing against my right lung/ribs. I tried drinking juice to get the kid to move, but that only gave me a ten-minute breather. I used to take a walk when the kid was in an uncomfortable place to convince it to move/sleep, but the kid's big enough now that walking is not the massive problem-solver it once was. I'll have to try some pelvic rocks to move the kid.

We don't have anything lined up for the weekend. We've been talking about going to see Cars since it seems like Disney has been massively underhyping it compared to its other Pixar releases and we'd like to support Pixar, but A Prairie Home Companion is also coming out and we haven't seen the latest X-Men flick yet. Maybe we'll try to go to multiple movies.

We also have some baby shopping to do, but we're procrastinating (hey, we've got two weeks until the birth center says we really should have everything in order "just in case").

We've been planning on going to an adult/child/infant CPR class, but since that requires being at the Red Cross at 7AM on a Saturday, we haven't made it there yet.

We're now at 48 hours since my TB test and I have absolutely no signs of swelling at the injection site: not even a little raised bug-bite. I have to look very hard to see where the puncture site is. Googling tells me that this means I don't have TB, but I have to run by the birth center today to have someone medical look at it.

Complete non-sequitur: Does anyone know what a tilapia loin is? I've emailed Alton Brown via Food Network's site, but I'm just curious. I didn't think fish had loins, not a 3-pounder like tilapia, anyway. They looked like filets to Mistah C and me.