Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Prenatal Visit, Week 35-and-a-Half

I am tired right now. Yesterday was a long day and I have to go get ready for the potentially long day today will be.

But yesterday's prenatal visit went fine. I'm just over one week away from being full-term; unfortunately, with jury duty this week and the holiday next week, it's screwed up my usual mid-to-end of week visitation schedule. But the midwives had reviewed the ultrasound and the baby looked fine. Weight, BP, glucose, protein, fetal pulse are all fine.

[Edited to add: Oh, and my strep B test came back negative so I've got no need for IV antibiotics during labor, which is super.]

I spent the rest of the day at a blood drive at Mistah C's place of employment, which was fun but hot in the afternoon. There were also weird power struggles going on between the employees of said bloodmobile; there wasn't the camaraderie between the staff that I've witnessed on other drives. But it was first muggy and then damn hot. I estimate I drank at least 3 liters of water sitting out there.

But I got to have lunch with my dear husband and our friend, which is great, and I didn't see a single monkey, which is unusual for a work day for me these days.