Thursday, July 27, 2006

At last! Something to report.

We had an official sign of prelabor this morning, which is potentially TMI so here for the curious: bloody show.

But it was serious enough that I called the birth center to make sure it was just prelabor and nothing more. The midwife said this was a great sign of progress; enjoy my normal day, eat, rest and stay hydrated. (It's still hot here.) I can swim all I want.

"Boy, that baby might come right on time," she said. Might is the operative word in that sentence. Active labor could still be three days or weeks away. But it is officially a-coming.

I'm currently uploading the last of my major files to work. I have two emails to send and then I will officially be done with work.

Other blatherings: Tim Gunn is still a cupcake although I don't know what the judges were thinking on the latest Project Runway. And if you're not watching Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days series, well, what's wrong with you? It's so rare to see reality TV that treats its participants with respect.