Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence from Jury Duty Day

We the jury were dismissed yesterday at 4:45PM, so I will not be returning to jury duty Wednesday. I will be returning to work. This means I've been out of work since last Monday. I can't say that I've missed work.

We had a hung jury on all five counts, so the case will be re-tried. Both the judge and the prosecuting attorney made a point of telling us that sometimes juries honestly can't reach a decision and it doesn't reflect poorly on us as jurors or the process. The people on the jury were all nice, thoughtful, intelligent people so I really can't say anything bad about the process.

We also had a prenatal visit yesterday morning, early to avoid being late to court. My blood pressure was high (80/135), but that was probably because I was worried about making it to jury duty on time. My midwife asked me to lie down on my side to double-check it and then my BP was 60/110 or something absolutely fine. Everything else (weight, glucose, protein) was fine. Fundal height was 36 cm, right on track for 36 weeks. Kid's fine. The midwife asked if I had my bag packed, and alas, I do not. We need to do that.

Today I don't know what we're doing other than buying milk and spending some time with my feet up. We have apparently reached the feet up stage of pregnancy.